The South Wales Gaming Centre contains The Battlefields and The Arena all on one level within the venue.
The Battlefields has 64 6x4 Tables, we can provide 96 4x4 Tables and 64 Star Wars: X-Wing Tables. All of our tables regardless of the type of event have a minimum of 4x2 foot of space between each table available for drinks, books or bags. We invest heavily in maintaining the quality of our gaming tables and the terrain available for players to use.
The Arena is our casual play area with 16 6x2 Tables and is reserved for Board Games, Card Games and Roleplaying.
The venue has:
- Full disabled access
- Free parking (Note: The car park is locked when the venue is closed)
- Toilet facilities
- Licensed bar
- On-site Catering
- PA System for announcements
- The ability to live stream, with commentary, any games we host
- Dedicated TO Laptop running appropriate Event Software with Internet Access
- 4 Large Screens to display pairings and/or timers
- Hot drinks and snacks via vending machines
- Chill out area with sofa’s and tables for relaxing
Our kitchen facilities are run by a professional chef and provide a fully functioning kitchen serving hot food and breakfast rolls with an extensive and varied menu. Our bar serves both alcoholic and soft drinks and offers draft beer, lager and cider from a local craft brewery, Tiny Rebel Brewing Co.
The venue is next to Cardiff Central train station and is easily accessible from the M4 motorway. We are less than an hour from both Bristol and Cardiff airport, both of which have good bus or car links to Cardiff. We are located within 5 minutes’ walk from the centre of Cardiff with its excellent retail and entertainment facilities and there are several hotels, from budget to more expensive, within 5-10 minutes’ walk of the venue.