Magic the Gathering Tuesday Draft
Ref: MtG Organised Play in The South Wales Gaming Centre
|Event Date||Tuesday 4th Aug 2020|
|Event Time||7:00 PM|
|Event Duration||3 Hours|
|Players per Ticket||1|
6 of 15 tickets left
The South Wales Gaming Centre and Covid-19
Please refer to the SCHEDULE tab below for important information on the protocols in place at the venue in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Magic the Gathering Draft every Tuesday in a fun friendly environment!
Registration is from 18.30.
Three 50 minute rounds.
Tickets must be purchased before the start of Registration.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation and for the comfort and safety of all our patrons and staff the following will be in place until further notice:
The South Wales Gaming Centre will be open as follows:
- 12:00 until 22:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- 12:00 until 17:30 on Sunday and Monday.
- NO Free Play is available in the venue, you MUST purchase a relevant ticket, online, BEFORE entering the venue.
- Battlefields Entry, Organised Play and Casual Play tickets will be available ONLY as per the specified schedule.
This is so we can control numbers and have a record of all those who have attended on specific days for the purpose of contact tracing compliance.
The capacity of the venue has been restricted. If there is no ticket or the tickets are sold out it is because the space is full or is being used for a specific event.
In accordance with government guidelines, and to encourage social responsibility:
- We will NOT sell tickets in the venue, online registration ONLY.
- The Cafe and Bar will operate with limited opening times. External food will only be allowed on days when the cafe is closed. Please inform a member of staff before ordering external food and if a food delivery is expected.
- We have increased our cleaning regime before, during and after the venue is open each day. Staff will regularly clean and wipe down contact surfaces. If changing opponents, please inform a member of staff or the TO for your event to ensure surfaces are cleaned before starting a new game.
- For Battlefields Entry and Casual Play players must arrange their gaming partner before arrival.
- All players must register on arrival and will have their temperature checked using a non-contact device.
- Please follow ALL instructions from staff and adhere to all social distancing rules when in the venue.
All customers are responsible for observing the following rules:
- Face masks MUST be worn in The South Wales Gaming Centre, unless there is a valid medical reason not to or when eating or drinking.
- The maximum number of players per table is TWO.
- Maintain two metre social distancing where possible and one or more metre distance at all other times.
- Please avoid touching any objects where possible - this includes, but is not limited to, other peoples' person or property including dice, miniatures, cards, or gaming aids and any terrain.
- Please wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser provided around the venue. Particularly after touching your mask. Avoid touching your face.
- Please do not visit the venue if you are feeling unwell or have a temperature.
A one strike policy will operate. Any breach of instructions, social distancing or relevant protocols will receive a single warning from a member of staff. If there is a second reason to warn someone during a single visit to the venue, they will be required to leave immediately.
For card games, board games and roleplaying games Free Play is the ability to turn up at the venue and use our tables if not taking part in an organised event. Free Play is not currently available at the venue. You must purchase an Organised Play or Casual Play ticket online before arrival or you will not be allowed to enter the venue.
A Battlefields entry ticket will allow you to use our tables and/or terrain in The Battlefields area of the venue and will offer two choices:
- Entry with a current Battlefields Membership (free)
- Day Membership (£4)
Battlefields Entry Tickets will generally be available whenever The South Wales Gaming Centre is open.
Players with a valid Battlefields membership MUST still register by ‘purchasing’ a ticket before arrival at the venue. If you consistently book a place with Battlefields membership and don't turn up your membership will be cancelled.
Players MUST sign in using their Battlefields PIN code on arrival at the venue.
Players cannot move or alter the scenery on their table once it is set up, gaming mats and scenery will be set up by the venue. If changes are required these must be discussed with and then performed by a member of staff.
For board games and games such as Star Wars: X-Wing, Bloodbowl, Guildball and any GW boxed game such as Kill Team, Underworlds and Warcry; players must 'purchase' a Battlefields Entry ticket and will be allocated a suitable table on arrival.
Organised Play Ticket:
Organised Play is where participants can ensure they play their chosen game at a regular time and place, often receiving promotional material or relevant merchandise for participation and/or how well they do in the event.
Organised Play Tickets will generally be available as per the following schedule:
- Tuesday: Magic the Gathering Draft and DragonBall Super CG.
- Wednesday: Pokemon TCG and Magic the Gathering Modern.
- Thursday: Final Fantasy TCG.
- Friday: Magic the Gathering Friday Night Magic and Wargame Kindling Club.
- Saturday: YuGiOh TCG.
Casual Play Ticket:
Casual Play is the ability for card game players to use our tables during the day or when there is no Organised Play scheduled. Participants will receive, subject to availability, a relevant booster pack and/or promo material on arrival.
Casual Play Tickets will generally be available as per the following schedule:
- Monday: From 12:00 until 17:30
- Tuesday: From 12:00 until 17:30
- Wednesday: From 12:00 until 17:30
- Thursday: From 12:00 until 22:30
- Friday: From 12:00 until 17:30
- Saturday: From 12:00 until 22:30
- Sunday: From 12:00 until 17:30
Tickets for this event are non-refundable.
Three booster packs per player for drafting.
One booster pack per player is added into the prize pool.
Players keep the cards they draft.